Friday, June 24, 2011

" THE FAIRY TALE OF YOU AND ME (JULIET) "


The Fairy Tale of You and Me
BY JZNG

“You know that love is just a troubling constant struggle to be together, forever … will there be any happy endings?”

When I was just a little child, I always dream to be the one they call “My Princess!”
I hate to tell this to some of my friends
They might think that I might be too childish
I just looking up to the dark blue sky
A simple wish that one day can come true

But when I got to know you, “will you be my Romeo?”

Standing at a porch, looking outside
Seeing you for the very first time
My heart beats fast and I really don’t know what to do
Running away from you still led me towards to you
And then I got to know your name
And then you smile for the very first time at me
I think my heart can’t take it anymore

You were a prince and I’m just a pauper
You are so famous and people adore you
Even my best friend is now attracted to you
When will my Cinderella story start?
The day I don’t like began
You and her together
I feel strange
Yet you and my friend are perfect together
“Hey! I wish you two happiness…”
But I really hope that, that was me

I want to bite on a poison apple
And forget all of these memories
I treasure them with all of my heart
Yet I still don’t want to be with you
I don’t want a sad prince and a sad friend
I’m happy to see you two are happy
I don’t want to be a selfish bad wolf
Clumsy me, went outside to be with the howling wind
I suddenly see you outside looking at me like that for the very first time
You said hello to me in a very long time
I’m happy to have a look at you for a moment of time  
She came with a bad look in her face
I think she is really mad at me

She said that I should stay away from him
Or our friendship will end up in a line
And immediately I replied “Yes of course, he is really your Romeo”
A promise was made between two best friends
But my heart was struggling to accept that fact
And I am in a state of confusion
Is that the very right thing to do?
Now I really don’t know what to do

It really felt like I have touched the deadly spindle that was meant for me
And now my heart is sleeping in the darkness somewhere inside me
You and I is just a dream like in children’s fairy tales
You are a respectable prince of the castle and I am just a simple commoner
My friend succeeded to be the missing piece of your life
While I’ll stay here and be a fragment in your memory
“Again I hope you two will smile…”

Time had pass since I heard about the two of you
Rumors have spread that the Prince was looking for his true Cinderella
They said that the girl whom the Prince was with before was the wicked vain queen
Yet I still keep the promise I already made
You came to me in exhaustion
You said in a troubling voice that you are sorry for what she had made to me
And then you said that a magic mirror helped you see through it all
Then you shout: “Will you be my Juliet?”


3 comments: